WITH BROWN RICE PASTA
- 8oz dry brown rice noodles or pasta of your choice
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2/3 cups light coconut milk
- 1tbsp tomato paste
- 3 tbsp natural peanut butter with sea salt
- 1 tsp ginger, ground
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- juice 1/2 lime
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced into thin strips
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 24 medium raw shrimp, peeled, de-veined, and rinsed under cold running water.
- Bring 2 medium pots of water to a boil over high heat. In one pot, cook pasta according to package directions, then rinse with hot water to ensure pasta doesn’t get sticky when left to stand. Fluff pasta with your fingers or a fork to further de-clump noodles, the set aside. In the second pot of boiling water, add broccoli, cover, turn head down to low and simmer for 5 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, add coconut milk, tomato paste, peanut butter, ginger, garlic, pepper flakes and lime juice. Use a fork or whisk to thoroughly combine.
- Simmer coconut mixture, bell pepper, and bean sprouts in a nonstick pan over medium-low heat for 5 minutes, stirring often to prevent clumping. Add shrimp and cook for another 2 minutes, then flip shrimp over and continue to cook for a final minute.
- Toss noodles and broccoli with coconut-shrimp mixture and serve piping hot!!!