- 2 small whole wheat tortilla’s or pita bread
- 8 vine-ripened cherry tomatoes, broiled or oven-baked, to serve
- 1 scallion, finely chopped
- 2 sun-dried tomatoes in oil, finely chopped
- 4 eggs (or just egg whites to eliminate extra fat), slightly beaten
- 2 tbsp milk
- salt and freshly ground pepper
Filler: 1 tbsp unsalted butter, 1tsp olive oil, 1/4 red bell pepper (seeded and diced).
- Heat the butter and oil on a heavy-based saucepan, and the bell pepper, scallion and sun dried tomatoes and cook or 5 minutes.
- Mix together the eggs and milk, season well, then pour into the pan. Using a wooden spoon, stir the egg constantly but gently to ensure it doesn’t stick. Cook for about 2-3 minutes until the scrambled egg is semisolid but creamy.
- Meanwhile, warm the tortillas in an oven or dry skillet, then spoon the egg on top and roll up.
Serve with the broiled tomatoes.