Serves 4 TOTAL TIME 30 MINTUES
- 1 lemon
- 1 large Tomato, chopped
- 1 cup bulgur
- 1/4 cup loosely packed fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- 1Tbsp chopped fresh oregano leaves
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh mint leaves
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 lb turkey breast cutlets
- prepare outdoor grill or grill pan for direct grilling over medium heat. From lemon, grate 1/4 tsp. peel and squeeze 2 Tbsp juice. In a small bowl, stir together 1 Tbsp juice and tomato, set aside.
- Prepare bulgur. In 3 QT saucepan, heat 2 cups water to boiling on high. Stir in bulgur and reduce heat to low, cover and simmer about 15 minutes or until all liquid has been absorbed. Stir in parlsey, 1/8 tsp salt, 1/8 tsp ground black pepper, lemon peel, and remaining lemon juice.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine oregano, mint and oil. Pat cutlets dry, rub with herb mixture on both sides. Sprinkle with 1/4 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper to season both sides. Grill Turkey 3-4 minutes or until no longer pink throughout, turning over once. Top Turkey with tomato, serve with bulgur.
WHAT IS BULGUR? it is a form of wheat that is cleaned, dried and ground into a grain. – HIGH in fiber, low in fat and an EXCELLENT source of protein!