|12 oz (350 g) wild or basmati rice|
|12 dried apricots|
|1 3/4 oz (50 g) flaked almonds|
|1 red onion, chopped|
|1/2 oz (15 g) fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- Cook the rice according to the instructions on the pack, but adding the turmeric to the water. When cooked, drain and set aside to keep warm.
- Soak the apricots in half of the orange juice for 10 minutes while the rice is cooking. Drain, then halve the apricots and set them aside.
- Toast the almonds in a large deep frying pan for 2–3 minutes until golden. Remove and set aside.
- Heat the oil in the same pan and cook the onion over a low heat for 4–5 minutes until soft. Stir in the chicken, raise the heat, and fry for 6–8 minutes until thoroughly cooked.
- Add the cooked rice along with the apricots, and stir through. Season well.
- Pour in the remaining orange juice, sprinkle with almonds and herbs, and serve.
SERVES 4 – 6