A crisp meringue – named after a Russian ballerina – is the nest for strawberries. Be Sure to let the meringue cool completely before filling with berries.
Serves 6; Prep time 15 minutes; Bake time 1 hour
- 6 egg whites
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup granular sugar
- 1/2pecans, coarsely chopped
- 1 1/2 pints strawberries, halved
- 2 tbsp sugar-free strawberry syrup
- Heat oven to 275 degrees. Cover a baking sheet with parchment and draw a 10inch circle on it.
- with an electric mixer on medium high, beat whites and salt in a bowl until stiff peaks form. Slowly add the sugar substitute, beating until very stiff, but not dry. Fold the pecans into the whites. Spread the meringue with a spatula or spoon to form a 10 inch nest on the parchment.
- Bake about 1 hour until lightly golden and crust develops. Cool completely. Half an hour before serving, place strawberries in a bowl. Drizzle with the strawberry syrup. To serve, arrange strawberries over the meringue shell.
Carbs: 8 grams Protein: 4 grams Fat: 3 grams Calories:75
This is higher in sugar so we recommend eating on your “cheat day”!!