- 2 small whole wheat tortilla’s or pita bread
- 8 vine-ripened cherry tomatoes, broiled or oven-baked, to serve
- 1 scallion, finely chopped
- 2 sun-dried tomatoes in oil, finely chopped
- 4 eggs (or just egg whites to eliminate extra fat), slightly beaten
- 2 tbsp milk
- salt and freshly ground pepper
Filler: 1 tbsp unsalted butter, 1tsp olive oil, 1/4 red bell pepper (seeded and diced).
- Heat the butter and oil on a heavy-based saucepan, and the bell pepper, scallion and sun dried tomatoes and cook or 5 minutes.
- Mix together the eggs and milk, season well, then pour into the pan. Using a wooden spoon, stir the egg constantly but gently to ensure it doesn’t stick. Cook for about 2-3 minutes until the scrambled egg is semisolid but creamy.
- Meanwhile, warm the tortillas in an oven or dry skillet, then spoon the egg on top and roll up.
Serve with the broiled tomatoes.
Serves 4 TOTAL TIME 30 MINTUES
- 1 lemon
- 1 large Tomato, chopped
- 1 cup bulgur
- 1/4 cup loosely packed fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- 1Tbsp chopped fresh oregano leaves
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh mint leaves
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 lb turkey breast cutlets
- prepare outdoor grill or grill pan for direct grilling over medium heat. From lemon, grate 1/4 tsp. peel and squeeze 2 Tbsp juice. In a small bowl, stir together 1 Tbsp juice and tomato, set aside.
- Prepare bulgur. In 3 QT saucepan, heat 2 cups water to boiling on high. Stir in bulgur and reduce heat to low, cover and simmer about 15 minutes or until all liquid has been absorbed. Stir in parlsey, 1/8 tsp salt, 1/8 tsp ground black pepper, lemon peel, and remaining lemon juice.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine oregano, mint and oil. Pat cutlets dry, rub with herb mixture on both sides. Sprinkle with 1/4 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper to season both sides. Grill Turkey 3-4 minutes or until no longer pink throughout, turning over once. Top Turkey with tomato, serve with bulgur.
WHAT IS BULGUR? it is a form of wheat that is cleaned, dried and ground into a grain. – HIGH in fiber, low in fat and an EXCELLENT source of protein!
Makes 4 Servings
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 pound “dry” sea scallops, patted dry with paper towels
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1 pint grapes tomatoes, cut lengthwise in half, or use 2 cups diced (1 inch cubes) ripe plum tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh mint, plus small sprigs for garnish
- 1/4 cup dry vermouth or dry white wine
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Hot cooked rice for serving
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a 12-inch nonstick skillet over high heat until very hot. Add the scallops and cook turning once, until opaque when pierced in the center with the tip of a sharp knife, about 5 minutes. (If you have scallops of carrying sizes, remove the smaller scallops as they are cooked.) Transfer to a platter.
- Add the remaining 1 tablespoon oil to the skillet and reduce the heat to medium. Add the tomatoes and mint and cook, stirring occasionally, until heated through, about 3 minutes. Add the vermouth and cook until the juices are thick ended, about 1 minute. Return the scallops to the skillet and stir a few times to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon over the hit rice, garnish with mint sprigs, and serve immediately.
MMAXOUT Ohio is now in Akron OHIO
Check out their website…
Zahands Martial Arts
Here is some info from there site – Zahand’s Martial Arts, we provide our students with elite instruction in Traditional Karate-do, Judo, and Jiu-Jitsu. Our programs will help you reach new levels of excellence in all areas of your life, both on and off the mat. From traditional martial arts to more modern self-defense styles, there is something for everyone at Zahand’s Martial Arts. Whether you’re a member of our Kid’s or Adult Martial Arts programs, you’ll leave class with improved focus, self-discipline, and confidence. Our students have a strong sense of respect, for themselves and those around them, and we promote a positive learning environment that is free from intimidation, vulnerability, and negativity. The team attitude in our classes is both unique and contagious, helping us to create a positive culture within our school.
- 1 small eggplant
- some salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2tbsp olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 3/4 cup smoked mozzarella, cut into 6 slices
- 1 vine ripened tomato, cut into 6 slices
- 6 large basil leaves
- 1tsp balsamic vinegar, for drizzling
- Cut the eggplant lengthwise into 6 thin slices and discard the two outermost slices. Sprinkle the slives with salt and leave for 20 minutes. Rinse under cold running water and pat dry with paper towels.
- Preheat the broiler to meduim-high and like the rack with foil. Place the eggplant slices on the boiler rack and brush with oil. Broil for 8-10 minutes until tender, turning once, and brushing with extra oil, if necessary.
- Remove from the broiler, then place a slice of mozzarella, a slice of tomato, and a basil leaf in the center of each eggplant slice, and season to taste. Fold the eggplant over the filling and broil seam side down, for 3 minutes until the mozzarella begins to melt. Serve drizzled with olive oil and balsamic vinegar
TRY OVER A MIXED-LEAF SALAD
MMAXOUT is now in Burbank California
Check out there website…
MMAXOUT is now in Wisconsin, coming to these areas…
Check out there website…
Get ready for MMAXOUT IN WISCONSIN
One of our members Christine, who lost 50 pounds working out at MMAXOUT was talking to a friend who trains at a gym and Christine asked hows your workout going. Her friend stated well I first started by running the treadmill for 40 minutes and then I went and did some ab workouts. Really I use to do a similar routine at the gym until I joined MMAXOUT.
Her friend then ask Christine so what kind of workout are you doing, Christine answered with smile and said well I started by doing sledge hammers hitting a huge tire to work my abs and shoulders, then did hill sprints for 10 laps, went into the MMAXOUT center did kickboxing for 20 minutes for a full body workout then we did some ploymetrics to strengthen the whole body plus we ended with full body stretches. Christine then stated I GOT MMAXOUT 🙂