Makes 4 Servings
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 pound “dry” sea scallops, patted dry with paper towels
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1 pint grapes tomatoes, cut lengthwise in half, or use 2 cups diced (1 inch cubes) ripe plum tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh mint, plus small sprigs for garnish
- 1/4 cup dry vermouth or dry white wine
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Hot cooked rice for serving
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a 12-inch nonstick skillet over high heat until very hot. Add the scallops and cook turning once, until opaque when pierced in the center with the tip of a sharp knife, about 5 minutes. (If you have scallops of carrying sizes, remove the smaller scallops as they are cooked.) Transfer to a platter.
- Add the remaining 1 tablespoon oil to the skillet and reduce the heat to medium. Add the tomatoes and mint and cook, stirring occasionally, until heated through, about 3 minutes. Add the vermouth and cook until the juices are thick ended, about 1 minute. Return the scallops to the skillet and stir a few times to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon over the hit rice, garnish with mint sprigs, and serve immediately.
- 1 small eggplant
- some salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2tbsp olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 3/4 cup smoked mozzarella, cut into 6 slices
- 1 vine ripened tomato, cut into 6 slices
- 6 large basil leaves
- 1tsp balsamic vinegar, for drizzling
- Cut the eggplant lengthwise into 6 thin slices and discard the two outermost slices. Sprinkle the slives with salt and leave for 20 minutes. Rinse under cold running water and pat dry with paper towels.
- Preheat the broiler to meduim-high and like the rack with foil. Place the eggplant slices on the boiler rack and brush with oil. Broil for 8-10 minutes until tender, turning once, and brushing with extra oil, if necessary.
- Remove from the broiler, then place a slice of mozzarella, a slice of tomato, and a basil leaf in the center of each eggplant slice, and season to taste. Fold the eggplant over the filling and broil seam side down, for 3 minutes until the mozzarella begins to melt. Serve drizzled with olive oil and balsamic vinegar
TRY OVER A MIXED-LEAF SALAD
Makes 4 Servings
3 garlic cloves, peeled
4 scallions, white and green parts, coarsely chopped
1 teaspoon seeded, minced Scotch bonnet chile, or 1 jalapeño, seeded and minced
Grated zest of 1 large orange
1/4 fresh cup orange juice (1 large orange)
2 tablespoons cider vinegar
1 tablespoon Japanese soy sauce
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
4 (6-7 oz) boneless, skinless chicken breast
1.. To make the marinated, finely chop the garlic. Add the scallions, chile, orange zest and juice, vinegar, soy sauce, thyme, and allspice and purée the mixture. Transfer to a glass or stainless steel bowl, add the chicken; turn the chicken to coat. Cook immediately or cover and refrigerate for up to 8 hours.
2. Position an oiled broiling rack 6 inches from the source of heat and preheat the broiler.
3. Place the chicken on the rack and broil for 5 minutes. Turn and broil until the chicken springs back when pressed in the center, about 5 more minutes. Serve immediately.
~MMAXOUT TYPICAL MEAL PLAN~
Breakfast – 6:30am
Omlette – 4 Egg Whites, 1 Egg Yolk, 2 Baby Portobello mushrooms, onions to taste, 1/4 cup sweet peppers (add ingredients to taste)
Snack – 8:30am
Protein bar (3 or less sugars)
Snack – 10:30am
Fat-Free Cottage cheese with choice of sliced fruit mixed in
Lunch – 12:30p
Sliced Chicken Breast on Spinach leaves, sliced almonds, sliced onions, sliced grapes dressed with EVOO and Apple Cider Vinegar
Snack – 2:30pm
Rice Cake (I use corn cakes) with Peanut Butter spread on top
Snack – 5pm (1 hr before workout)
Protein shake with Fat Free Milk
Dinner – 7:30pm (within one hour after workout)
Chicken Breast or Salmon over parmesan couscous or brown rice with a side of mixed veggies (or mix the veggies in)
bonus tip: Protein Shake Right before bed!
More about MMAXOUT Fitness view the rest of our website
1/2 Cup Fava Beans
2 hand fulls mixed salad greens or spinach
1 avocado, peeled, pitted and sliced
1 tsp lemon juice
1 cup cooked large shrimp
1 tbsp chopped chives
DRESSING: 1tsp EVOO, 2tsp lemon juice, 1 tbsp creamed horseradish, 1 tbsp reduced-fat sour cream. pinch of salt and ground black pepper
- Steam the fava beans for 3-4 minutes until tender. Let cool slightly, then remove the tough outer shell from each bean.
- To make the dressing, wish together the ingredients listed.
- Arrange the salad leaves in 2 shallow bowls, toss the avocado in the lemon juice and add to the bowls with the fava beans and shrimp. pour over dressing, toss gently, and sprinkle with chives before serving
This amount serves 2!
Easy to prepare and Easy to make!
1 salmon fillet – any size
Honey Dijon Mustard – only 120mg sodium, 5 carbs – I shop giant brand
Bread Crumbs – any style- keep your choice with sugars 2g or under
Dill (fresh or dried)
Preheat Oven to 400
- Place Salmon skin side down on some tinfoil on a baking sheet (no need to grease)
- Spread mustard evenly in a thin layer covering the whole top of the salmon (I use a butter knife). Not so much that you can’t see the salmon fillet underneath but enough to stick the breadcrumbs (use more mustard for extra creaminess and flavor)
- Shake the breadcrumbs evenly over the salmon and mustard. Use enough to coat but not fully bread. The breadcrumbs should now cover enough that you can not see the salmon underneath.
- Shake dill over the salmon for seasoning, be generous but don’t create another layer.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 400 degrees. Check the center of the salmon for doneness (should be opaque). Depending on the thickness of your fillet you may need to bake for another 7-18 minutes.
- When you remove the salmon and serve use a spatula to lift the salmon from the skin and remove grey matter from the bottom. Most of it should stick to the tinfoil for easy serving.
Serve over Parmesan couscous, brown rice or whole wheat pasta YOUR CHOICE.. …or with a side of spinach or various vegetables for a complete meal.
4oz Chicken breast sliced or shredded
several Sliced red grapes
Diced white onion
Combine with Apple Cider Vinegar
Served best over a low sodium (under 150) and low sugar pita (3g or less), wrap or whole wheat bread. Add lettuce and other veggies as desired.
TIP: Don’t be afraid to play with the nut, fruit, or veggie ingredients to find what fits YOU best!