- 8oz Ziti Pasta
- 1lb boneless skinless chicken-breast halves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup diced onions
- 6 oz already sliced button mushrooms
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon bottled minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1 ca (14.5 oz) fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup dry white wine (optional)
- Parmesan cheese, optional garnish
cooking note: wine adds body and zest to the sauce. but if you don’t or can’t have any then leave it out. always cook pasta to package directions.
- cut chicken into roughly 1/2 inch chunks. Heat oil in a 12 inch non-stick skillet, over medium heat. Add onion, mushrooms and chicken. Salt and pepper lightly.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until chicken is no longer pink, about 6 minutes.
- Add the garlic and Italian seasoning. Cook and stir for 30 seconds. Add tomatoes with juices and wine. Bring to a boil. Boil stirring occasionally until sauce is thick, about 5 minutes.
Serve over hot, drained pasta, topping with Parmesan cheese if desired.