Makes 4 Servings
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 pound “dry” sea scallops, patted dry with paper towels
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1 pint grapes tomatoes, cut lengthwise in half, or use 2 cups diced (1 inch cubes) ripe plum tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh mint, plus small sprigs for garnish
- 1/4 cup dry vermouth or dry white wine
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Hot cooked rice for serving
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a 12-inch nonstick skillet over high heat until very hot. Add the scallops and cook turning once, until opaque when pierced in the center with the tip of a sharp knife, about 5 minutes. (If you have scallops of carrying sizes, remove the smaller scallops as they are cooked.) Transfer to a platter.
- Add the remaining 1 tablespoon oil to the skillet and reduce the heat to medium. Add the tomatoes and mint and cook, stirring occasionally, until heated through, about 3 minutes. Add the vermouth and cook until the juices are thick ended, about 1 minute. Return the scallops to the skillet and stir a few times to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon over the hit rice, garnish with mint sprigs, and serve immediately.
MMAXOUT Ohio is now in Akron OHIO
Check out their website…
Zahands Martial Arts
Here is some info from there site – Zahand’s Martial Arts, we provide our students with elite instruction in Traditional Karate-do, Judo, and Jiu-Jitsu. Our programs will help you reach new levels of excellence in all areas of your life, both on and off the mat. From traditional martial arts to more modern self-defense styles, there is something for everyone at Zahand’s Martial Arts. Whether you’re a member of our Kid’s or Adult Martial Arts programs, you’ll leave class with improved focus, self-discipline, and confidence. Our students have a strong sense of respect, for themselves and those around them, and we promote a positive learning environment that is free from intimidation, vulnerability, and negativity. The team attitude in our classes is both unique and contagious, helping us to create a positive culture within our school.
- 1 small eggplant
- some salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2tbsp olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 3/4 cup smoked mozzarella, cut into 6 slices
- 1 vine ripened tomato, cut into 6 slices
- 6 large basil leaves
- 1tsp balsamic vinegar, for drizzling
- Cut the eggplant lengthwise into 6 thin slices and discard the two outermost slices. Sprinkle the slives with salt and leave for 20 minutes. Rinse under cold running water and pat dry with paper towels.
- Preheat the broiler to meduim-high and like the rack with foil. Place the eggplant slices on the boiler rack and brush with oil. Broil for 8-10 minutes until tender, turning once, and brushing with extra oil, if necessary.
- Remove from the broiler, then place a slice of mozzarella, a slice of tomato, and a basil leaf in the center of each eggplant slice, and season to taste. Fold the eggplant over the filling and broil seam side down, for 3 minutes until the mozzarella begins to melt. Serve drizzled with olive oil and balsamic vinegar
TRY OVER A MIXED-LEAF SALAD
MMAXOUT is now in Burbank California
Check out there website…
MMAXOUT is now in Wisconsin, coming to these areas…
Check out there website…
Get ready for MMAXOUT IN WISCONSIN
Top 5 Reasons You’re
FACT: 65% of America’s adults are overweight and 31% are obese with a risk for chronic heart disease!
TOP 5 Reasons you’re NOT Fit
5. You looked at the price tag and walked away…
4. You listened to your friends…
3. You attempted a “diet” you couldn’t stick to…
2. You didn’t know how to properly use your gym…
1. You just couldn’t commit…
Can you guess why COMMITMENT is #1 on the list of weight-loss failures?? Because of number 2, 3, 4 and 5!!
Its Time To MMAXOUT
2 medium yellow squash, cut into 1/4 inch rounds (2.5 cups)
1 packed tablespoon thinly sliced fresh sage or basil leaves
10 large eggs
1/4 cup water
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup coarsely shredded Gruyère cheese
Grease a 12inch non-stick ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add squash and saute 8 minutes; stir in sage. Cook just 1 to 2 minutes more until tender and browned in spots.
Arrange oven rack 6 inches from heat source, heat broiler. Wisk eggs, water and salt in a bowl. Melt 1 tblspoon butter in the skilled and pour the eggs over the squash. Reduce heat to medium low, cover and cook until set on bottom and edges, but the top is still loose, about 3 minutes. Sprinkle Gruyere evenly over the top.
Broil frittata until just set, about 1 minute. Cut into wedges to serve.
Makes 4 Servings
3 garlic cloves, peeled
4 scallions, white and green parts, coarsely chopped
1 teaspoon seeded, minced Scotch bonnet chile, or 1 jalapeño, seeded and minced
Grated zest of 1 large orange
1/4 fresh cup orange juice (1 large orange)
2 tablespoons cider vinegar
1 tablespoon Japanese soy sauce
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
4 (6-7 oz) boneless, skinless chicken breast
1.. To make the marinated, finely chop the garlic. Add the scallions, chile, orange zest and juice, vinegar, soy sauce, thyme, and allspice and purée the mixture. Transfer to a glass or stainless steel bowl, add the chicken; turn the chicken to coat. Cook immediately or cover and refrigerate for up to 8 hours.
2. Position an oiled broiling rack 6 inches from the source of heat and preheat the broiler.
3. Place the chicken on the rack and broil for 5 minutes. Turn and broil until the chicken springs back when pressed in the center, about 5 more minutes. Serve immediately.
If you think you’ve seen and experienced it all in fitness you’re WRONG!
MMAXOUT is a fully functional and proven strength and conditioning program that will literally KICK YOUR BUTT INTO SHAPE!
~ GET UP OFF YOUR BUTT. STOP THE JIGGLE. LOSE THE WEIGHT and MMAXOUT. ~
Forget what you’ve been told and think you’ve learned about how to look and feel great, TRUST MMAXOUT!
~ MMA is the fastest growing sport in the world, so it’s really no surprise that its now one of the best conditioning workouts ever, and it’s unlike anything you have ever seen before.
~MMAXOUT is an extreme fitness system that is based on the makeup of a MMA fighter’s workout without the fighting.
The components that MMAXOUT focuses on are core, stamina, intensity, and strength. Each phase incorporates an increased intensity through Strength and Conditioning, Plyo-metrics, Repping Out, Cage Kickboxing and Full Body core.
Show us a program that GUARANTEES RESULTS and keeps you stimulated every time…we love a challenge!