2. The faster foods are cooked, the less likely they are to develop dangerous charring. THE SHORTER THE COOK TIME, THE BETTER.
3. Move your food to a cooler part of the grill while flare ups simmer.
4. Reduce your exposure to carcinogenic compounds. GRILL SOMETHING OTHER THAN MEAT. Opt for low or no-protein peaches, plums, tomatoes, eggplant, corn or breads.
5. You want to avoid burning but not rip the meat apart. FLIP AT THE RIGHT TIME. Give it a gentle tug; its ready to flip when it comes loose without pulling.
6. Keep your grill rack spick-and-span to prevent other bits from causing flare-ups. CLEAN THAT GRILLING MACHINE!!